At Sultana, your privacy is of paramount priority, so that you enjoy the whole experience and find your perfect Match. We are committed to protect your personal information and be transparent about how we process your data.
Each time you visit the App or provide us with information, by doing so you are accepting our privacy practices.
We advise you to check the privacy policies of our application before providing any data.
We appreciate your trust in us when you disclose your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Sultana Services, we collect personal data about you. “Personal Data” means any information that allows someone to identify you. While the following provides examples of the Personal Data that Sultana collects, note that not all Sultana Services collect all of the data listed below.
Personal Data You Provide
Account Credentials. In order to use the Sultana Services, you are required to provide an Account Authentication Mechanism (email or a third-party social log-in like Facebook or LinkedIn). When creating an account, Sultana stores a hashed version of your Account Authentication Mechanism for authentication and/or verification purposes.
Community Profile Information. When you create a Sultana account, you choose to provide us Personal Data about yourself for your public Sultana profile. For example, in the Sultana App, you may voluntarily provide your Personal Data, such as your photo, display name, relationship status, ethnicity, age, gender and any other information that you add to your profile on the Sultana App (“Profile Information”). You should carefully consider what Personal Data to include in your Community Profile and you can review and change that information at any time by accessing the “Edit Profile” section of the App.
Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact customer support, we collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other Personal Data (e.g. IP address), as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply and address any issue. If you contact customer support we also collect and retain certain technical diagnostic data, such as your phone model. We may keep records of our communication with you, including any complaints we receive from you about other users (and from other users about you).
Photos, Videos and Audio. If you upload a photo or video, or send an audio message, while using the Sultana Services, you will be required to permit Sultana to access your camera, photo gallery, and microphone in which case Sultana will have access to the photos and videos stored in your photo gallery.
User Activity. We collect certain Personal Data that is generated through your use of the Sultana Services. This Personal Data includes information about whose user profiles you have viewed, products and services you have purchased through the Sultana Services, how you’ve interacted with the App, and how you communicate with other users.
Personal Data We Receive From Your Device When You Use Sultana Services
Hardware and Software Information. We collect certain hardware and software information about you and your device such as device make, device model, carrier, data connection type, browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, date/time stamp for your visit, app crashes which can be reset by going to your device’s setting).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide and secure our Services;
- Establish and manage user accounts, such as your “My Profile”;
- Display the public fields of your profile to your matches, including recent login date, name, photos, videos, and other profile content;
- Provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage our Services, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Process transactions;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including order confirmation, refund and renewal processing, notifying of matches for our Singles Service, Service announcements and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you regarding promotions, including newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers;
- Conduct market and consumer research and trend analyses;
- Enable posting on our blogs, forums, and other public communications;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies;
- Achieve purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Distance Information.The Sultana App is designed to allow users to share Distance Information. Distance Information is public and indicates to other users of the Sultana App the distance you are in feet or meters from them. Your Distance Information will be displayed in your profile in those users’ search results should you elect to display your relative distance. Sultana App users can use the explore feature in the Sultana App to search for other users in a geographic location outside of their immediate location. Sophisticated users who use the Sultana App in an unauthorized manner, or other users who change their location while you remain in the same location, may use Distance Information to determine your exact location and may be able to determine your identity. You may choose to hide your Distance Information; however, the Sultana App will continue to sort and display your profile based on your relative distance from other users. Accordingly, even if you choose to hide your Distance Information, others may nevertheless be able to determine your Location. You can disable location services by going to Settings, Privacy, Location Services.
- Legal Obligations.Sultana may preserve or disclose Personal Data in response to a lawful legal request, including: subpoenas, warrants, or court orders; in connection with any legal process; to comply with relevant laws; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies; or as otherwise required by law.
Some jurisdictions may give you the right to request that we:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Data and give you access to your Personal Data.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data.
- Delete your Personal Data.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Data to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Withdraw consent that you have previously given us. You may make this request at any time. Revocation of your consent will only apply to future processing activities and will not apply retroactively.
- Where your jurisdiction’s law allows, object reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing of your Personal Data.
While we honor the above requests if required to do so by law, there are situations in which we may not be able to agree to a particular request. For example, it is not possible for us to delete your Personal Data if we are required by law to keep it (e.g., for tax and accounting purposes), or if we need it to perform a contract with you. Similarly, access to your Personal Data may be refused if making the information available would reveal Personal Data about another person or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
At Sultana, we take the privacy and security of your Personal Data seriously. We have strict policies in place to help protect Personal Data. We consistently strive to improve our defenses in the ongoing battle against bad actors. As such, we do not disclose any specific security tools or techniques we use so that we can better protect your Personal Data as we do not want to unwittingly educate those with malicious intent. That said, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is fully secure, and Sultana cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your Personal Data, we may notify you electronically or in writing in accordance with applicable law.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or pursuant to Sultana Terms and Conditions. Generally, Sultana does not maintain user chat messages for longer than 6 months once the message has been delivered to the recipient.
If you delete your account your Profile Information and Location Information associated with your account will be removed from our systems within seven (7) days, unless retention is required for a legal purpose. Chat images, user activity, and other Personal Data outlined above are deleted within 30 days of an account deletion. With respect to accounts that have been banned for violations of the Sultana Terms and Conditions, Sultana retains the hashed version of your Account Authentication Mechanism, a Sultana-generated device identifier, and limited log information associated with the reason for the ban. In some circumstances, Sultana may retain chat messages used for reporting volatile behavior resulting in an account’s ban. Sultana may also retain your Personal Data if required to do so pursuant to a valid legal request.